Department of Long Term Care was initially formed as a Bachelor’s Program in 2008. Students had to studied 2 years before graduation. Then, an active aging learning college was established 2 years later.
It encourages the senior residents from the communities continuing to study after retirement. Finally, The department was formally set up in 2013.
Educational Objects and Curriculum
- To train our students possessing practical management of operation with the ability to take care of the cases for the industry.
- To build up a core conception: Concern is better than medicine, spirit encouraging is more superior than substance providing. Caring for cases with heart is essential out of the good will.
- To educate our students to realize the value of humanities mercy, nurse with medical care, community care, and industrial management from the curriculum.
There are 7 professional teachers in the department. 2 associate professors, 3 assistant professors, and 2 lecturers. They are good at the different parts of the profession. Furthermore, 2 share-employed teachers were invited in the department.1 professor and 1 assistant professor.
Equipment and Facilities
- Facilities for teaching: multi-digital lectern, interactive multimedia teaching systems, personal audio-visual equipment, LCD projectors, alternative therapy equipment, recall training equipment, computer hard disk karaoke machine, electric lift cabinets, mobile car for shampooing, adjustable folding chair for bath, dedicated lift tables for personal wheelchair, electric chair for caring, multifunction model patient, and a lot of facilities.
- Room for practice: Health Healing Classroom、Community Care Classroom、Simulation Experience & Multi-purpose Classroom
The Future Trends and Development
- We target the pragmatism. The curriculum will be designed to up-grade our students knowledge with skill-enforcing in the future.
- Our goals are to promote students’ ability to be an expert of the industry.
The course of our department is divided into three parts:
- There are at least 128 credits before graduation, the required course credits are not less than 90 credits, the elective course credits 38, and the professional elective course credits 30.
- The department regulates that students have to take a practical course. Total hours are 480. It is to meet the last mile scheme.
- Service learning course is needed, though, it doesn’t have credits. We train students how to design dance of music treatment to help community senior residents keep health.