Department of Long Term Care
Department of Long-Term Care and Management
Department of Long-Term Care and management was initially started as a long-term care Program in 2008. Students have to complete all required courses to obtain their B.S degrees; Department of Long-Term Care was established in 2013 due to aging society. In 2018, department of Long-Term Care was renamed of Department of Long-Term Care and management.
Educational Objects and Curriculum
- To train our students possessing practical management of operation with the ability to take care of those elderly.
- To build up a core conception: Concern is better than medicine, spirit encouraging is more superior than substance providing. Caring for elderly with heart is essential.
- To educate our students to realize the value of humanities mercy, nursing assistant students with home care, community care, and industrial management from the curriculum.
There are 7 professional faculties in the department. Three associate professors, 2 assistant professors, and 2 lecturers. They are different specialties to satisfied of students’ interests.
Equipment and Facilities
- Facilities for teaching: multi-digital lectern, interactive multimedia teaching systems, personal audio-visual equipment, LCD projectors, alternative therapy equipment, recall training equipment, computer hard disk karaoke machine, electric lift cabinets, mobile car for shampooing, adjustable folding chair for bath, dedicated lift tables for personal wheelchair, electric chair for caring, multifunction model patient, and a lot of facilities.
- Labs: Healing lab, bathing lab, reminiscent lab et al.
The Future Trends and Development
- We target the pragmatism. The curriculum will be designed to up-grade our students’ knowledge with skill-enforcing in the future.
- Our goals are to promote students’ abilities to be an expert of the industry.
The course of our department is contained three parts:
1.There are at least 128 credits before graduation, the required course credits are 97 credits, and the professional elective course credits 31.
2.The department regulates that students have to take a practical course. Total hours are 720. It is to meet the last mile scheme.
3.Service learning course is needed, though, it doesn’t have credits.
TEL：886-6-2671214 ext 591